Saturday, January 10, 2009

Photo trip around Portland


Today I had a fantastic time hanging out with my great friends Becky & Gregg, their son Kersey and his girlfriend Olivia. Kersey had a homework assignment for his photography class to take black and white urban photos. When I found out they were going around Portland, I was excited to tag along. I've always wanted to take a night photo of Portland with the river in the foreground.

We had an interesting day - it was cold (the kind of cold that chills you to the bone), there was a protest in Pioneer Square (and actually I think there were 2 protests mingled together because the boycott some people were chanting about didn't match up with the flags, signs and message from the bigger rally going on), and I saw 2 of the most expensive cars I think I've ever been that close to before. Did I mention it was cold?? :-)



I'll be posting more of the photos from around Portland in the portfolio section of my website soon (after I finish up the Girls Weekend photos). In the meantime, I hope you like what I posted here. Oh and those cars have the same name as a flower. I'll let you sort out which flower. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You never just tag along. Thank you for all you help with Kersey's project.

Becky

Melissa Williams said...

OK, so maybe I helped him a little ;-)